Sales Associate job Description:
The following job description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for maintaining proper customer service as per Righno standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment. This includes greeting and acknowledging every single customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise and fitting room.
- Communicate customer requests to management and/or owner.
- Assist in completing price changes within the store.
- Operate a computerized point of sale cash register and inventory management system: including the accurate entering of sales information: receiving payment for products: processing credit card transactions; making correct change; processing refunds, exchanges and voids; and issuing gift certificates and credit slips.
- Reconcile daily sales and prepare deposits and end of day reports for management.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and actively assist in the understanding, demonstration, description and selection of merchandise.
- Utilize a working knowledge of all retail merchandise including price, any special product considerations, stock location in store and in the back stockroom.
- Accurately perform all merchandise receipt processing, including processing in the POS system; merchandise inspection, tagging, stocking and display. Communicate all damages and wrong shipments to store management.
- Actively maintain the store appearance including keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed. Dust and clean shelves regularly, fold t-shirts and arrange merchandise to maintain the highest level of visual presentation.
- Answer all incoming calls with a professional greeting
- Accurately execute any merchandise returns as directed
- Actively execute the daily goals and priorities assigned by Shopkeeper and/or Owner.
- Maintain stockroom merchandise organization and cleanliness.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any manager.
III. POSITION DIMENSIONS
Decision-Making Authority and Judgment
Must receive direction from Shopkeeper and/or Owner
Part-time Sales Associate
Principal Relationships/Key Contacts:
Part-time Sales Associate
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Education and Certifications
High School Diploma or G.E.D
Must be 18 years of age
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 months of retail sales experience
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including but not limited to standing, stooping, lifting 24lbs and climbing a ladder and/or step stool
- Special Considerations
- Lift and or move up to approximately 30 lbs/ occasionally
- Bending/stooping/kneeling required/ occasionally
- Routine standing for an entire shift (5-6 hours)
*Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified